Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Background Messed Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hkrinkle

hkrinkle

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:54 AM

the background on my desktop is about an inch left of where it should be, the part that is cut off on the left side is in place on the right side. My screen is fine in all other applications. Also when I try to change my background through properties, the options browse, and the position dropdown box are greyed out, the text that reads background is also greyed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

I think there is a version of SmitFraud that will change the settings of your desktop background, not sure. Just wait for someone with the knowledge in this particular virus to come and reply here or move the topic to the correct forum.
you can always go here and take a look arround for a problem similar to yours.

Mav

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

Hi hkrinkle,

Sounds like you might have some type of infection. I would recommend you try the suggested fixes given here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

If this fails you may need to post in the Hijackthis forum as instructed after you try the fixes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users