Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Errors On X64 Vista Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmu2011

jmu2011

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

I posted a HijackThis log in the appropriate forum, just in case this is in fact a malware/virus/trojan issue. However, I'm also posting some information in this forum just in case it could be something else. I'm currently running the x64 edtion of Windows Vista Ultimate. When I load the system, it runs fine for awhile. However unnanounced I'll start getting random errors. The main one being the unusable task bar. This problem is hard to describe as I've never seen it before, but it's as if the taskbar buttons become jumbled and overlap and everything shifts to the left. I would include a screenshot but the computer at this point becomes unsuable. Also I use the Windows Dreamscene as my background (it's very pretty), however often times my screen will flash, and I get some error saying the video card crash but successfully recovered. Othertimes I'll get an error stating that dreamscene has been temporarily turned off because windows explorer stopped working. I don't know how to duplicate these errors, and this has happened before. I formatted my hardrive and reinstalled. This involved me having to call microsoft to be reissued a new key since my old one was "already in use." I don't want to have to format my hardrive as I'm a college student and I have many important files for class. I also need to get this problem resovled asap as I cannnot be a college student and have a faulty computer. I like the look and feel fo windows vista, and my other peers aren't having nearly as much problems as I'm having.

Edited by jmu2011, 09 October 2007 - 11:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:41 AM

I'm using the x64 version of Vista Ultimate and I haven't encountered the problems listed. I have heard of some people having problems with Dreamscene, they often experience graphical corruption and crashing drivers. I'm not sure if you've done this (Since you've gone through the hassle of reinstalling, I imagine you have) but you may want to update your drivers on everything that needs one. Try listing your system specs here and we may notice something amiss. I'm a graduate student myself and having computer problems here can be disastrous.

3939.png

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:43 AM

Do not use Dreamscene. It has several nasty bugs which Microsoft hasn't managed to fix and will cause some of the problems you've described.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users