Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Backup Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nogo

nogo

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:51 PM

Hey hey, I have windows XP home installed. I went to "all programs, accessories, system tools, but there is no xp backup program. I put my xp CD in and clicked explore, but I couldn't find it there. I had it installed b4 I re-format, but I can't remember how I did it. I suffer from sometimers, sometimes I remember, sometimes I forget....what was I talking about? Thanks 4 any help! nogo & his dachshund, "Gus" :thumbsup:

Edited by nogo, 11 February 2005 - 10:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:35 AM

Windows XP includes its own backup program, although you may need to do some digging to find it.
If you use Windows XP Home Edition, you'll need to follow these steps to install the utility:

Insert your Windows XP CD into the drive and, if necessary, double-click the CD icon in My Computer.

On the Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP screen, click Perform Additional Tasks.

Click Browse this CD.

In Windows Explorer, double-click the ValueAdd folder, then Msft, and then Ntbackup.

Double-click Ntbackup.msi to install the Backup utility.

#3 nogo

nogo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:25 PM

Thanks PIP 22. I feel foolish that I couldn't remember such a simple task. I'm on some strong pain medication, so my mind isn't as sharp as it should be. Got it dialed in, so again, I say "thank you, PIP 22". :thumbsup:
nogo & my dachshund, "Gus".
"Self Taught, Crippled Old Man, Please Be Patient With My Ignorance"

#4 richardg

richardg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:47 AM

There's a useful article with a number of options of how to get NTbackup onto XP Home. KB Article how to get NTbackup onto Windows XP Home
These guys also do a really useful piece of software called Enhanced Windows Backup which can be used free to add the extra stuff that you need to get a really great backup solution.
Also check out my website about Backup in general www.ntbackup.us

#5 Halfman

Halfman

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

If you are interested in other backup software there is a cool site with a lot of useful information and backup software comparisons.
http://www.backupsoftreview.com

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:45 AM

More freeware... Snap Backup
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic