Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About Brontok.a And The Rest Of Them

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bart_j_simpson

bart_j_simpson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:28 AM

i'm a nursing student, and although it's not quite apparent how important computers are for me, but the computer is one of the most helpful tools for my studies.

recently, i've had brontok, i think i got it from a flash drive from a friend, and my computer started going berserk. it turns on and off by itself. and i was quite paranoid, since most of my research papers are in there. and the final exams are upcoming.

then came RavMon. and all the others just popped up. i really am not that good with these stuff, and since we don't have internet connections in our house, i was wondering where it all came from. i think i have as much as 4 worms and trojans left in the bowels of my hard drive.

and now it has infiltrated (they, rather), to my documents, and my documents / files are never opening , especially from the MS office stuff.

i'm trying to find the reason why i had them, and if it's ok, kindly post your comments and solutions to my dilemma. please feel free to do so.

my final exams are coming up, and i think i'm going to fail since most of the files are in there. i'm trying to redo all i've done in there, but time is really of the essence

hope you'll see it from my point of view.

thanks a lot, and more power to this site.

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 09 October 2007 - 12:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users