Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oleaut32.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 missyo1206

missyo1206

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:10 AM

Hello,
I posted this problem earlier, but I posted in the wrong OS topic. Sorry!!! I'll try again.

when i try to get on my puter i get that OLEAUT32.dll pop up and no farther. it says that file is missing and needs to be reinstalled, but the problem is I can't get anywhere but the task manager by pushing Ctrl Alt Delete,on my screen, no icons or start up menu task bar, just my desk top pic. Could someone please help me try to reinstall it...i dont have a back up recovery disc, didn't come with my puter, so is there help for me???? Also it doesn't seem to want to read a disc either.
Thank you all so much, you are all great for taking the time that you do to help people with their puter problems!!!!
Missyo1206

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:26 AM

In the Task Manager try going File > New Process and typing "Explorer" to see if that brings up the desktop. You can download a new copy of OLEAUT32.dll from the DllDump site here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users