Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Watch Videos Online Anymore

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 phall5

phall5

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

i used to watch the full episodes of my fave. tvshows online everynight! then i didnt for a while and now that i'm trying to again it doesnt work. i think i've tried everything. including d/l firefox. didnt work. "enabling" scripting options. didn't work. checking my fire wall. didnt work. uninstalling and reinstalling adobe flash player and d/l java, too. didnt work. so please please i need help so badly! i need to watch heroes and the office and house and desparate housewives!!
oh yeah, and its kinda works like it'll take there where i need to click the episodes but it just doesnt show up.. just leaves everything unclickable
abc.com
nbc.com
fox.com

Edited by phall5, 08 October 2007 - 08:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:47 PM

Well I can tell you that if you are using Firefox you must have the AdBlocking Plus feature disabled or you will encounter exactly the behavior you describe. It can be disabled for individual sites.

Does the problem occur in both IE and Firefox?

Are you having any other scripting related issues -- such as blank pages?
Microsoft MVP Shell/User

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

Most movies on the net are coded into flash video. Think about installing the latest Flash and Shockwave players. Also worth looking at installing Real Alternative (an alternative to the 'Real Player') and Quicktime Alternative (an alternative to the Quicktime player) oh yeah and Media Player Classic - all of which are downloadable from Free-Codecs.

Edited by FireKracker, 12 October 2007 - 12:58 PM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 phall5

phall5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

Well I can tell you that if you are using Firefox you must have the AdBlocking Plus feature disabled or you will encounter exactly the behavior you describe. It can be disabled for individual sites.

Does the problem occur in both IE and Firefox?

Are you having any other scripting related issues -- such as blank pages?

no other problems, i'm on internet explorer and i have downloaded the latest flash/shockwave/java apps. i can even watch you tube videos

#5 Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

Can you post a copy of the "silent runners" startup log. You will need to right click on their download url and save it to the desktop or other convenient folder. You may need to give it permission to run:

http://www.silentrunners.org/

Also, the ABC site requires a player install -- have you reinstalled that for both Firefox and IE?

Would you also go here and tell me if you see "javascript" pop-up? >> http://gateway.lib.ohio-state.edu/tutor/jscript.html

Also please verify that Adblock plus is disabled on the ABC and NBC sites in Firefox.

Edited by Rollin' Rog, 12 October 2007 - 04:11 PM.

Microsoft MVP Shell/User

#6 phall5

phall5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

Can you post a copy of the "silent runners" startup log. You will need to right click on their download url and save it to the desktop or other convenient folder. You may need to give it permission to run:

http://www.silentrunners.org/

Also, the ABC site requires a player install -- have you reinstalled that for both Firefox and IE?

Would you also go here and tell me if you see "javascript" pop-up? >> http://gateway.lib.ohio-state.edu/tutor/jscript.html

Also please verify that Adblock plus is disabled on the ABC and NBC sites in Firefox.

you are so the best!! i guess i got 'adblock"and "popup block" confused!! you people need to be more clear!! but yeah you cleared it up for me very nicely!! it was adblock from norton that got me in the pits!!thanx a bunches

#7 Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

Excellent -- I was fairly sure it had to be something like that. Since I use Firefox -- it's service was the first to come to mind. But of course there are other applications which also do it. And that explains it applying to Internet Explorer as well.

Some pop-up blockers can also interfere and that is one of the troubleshooting suggestions they make on the ABC site for problems.

By the way, thanks for turning me on to the ABC offerings -- I do quite well with their HD streaming -- just which they had more stuff there.
Microsoft MVP Shell/User

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users