Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer L100 Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kuvasz

Kuvasz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows if a better video card can be put in one of these boxes. I love the size of this thing and it has been flawless from day one. I have been offered a great deal on Vista Ultimate upgrades and I know the 6150 card is somewhat dated. Just wondering if it can be replaced or upgraded.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:11 PM

The specifications that I can find for this machine only list the ram as being expandable.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I seem to recall reading that it had an open card slot though. I installed 2 gig of ram in mine but I don't recall seeing much of anything else inside though. It would be great if there was someway of upping it.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:00 PM

I have worked in a couple for ram upgrades, however, I do not remember any open AGP or PCIE slots. (Royal PITA to work on one of these)
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Wee

Wee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:27 PM

Yea I have 2 of these machines, and they run great but only scoring a 3 because of the video kinda sucks, but hey they were cheap. Its funny my old comp. ( AMD 3200 754, with 2 gigs, old 120 Gig IDE drive, and 7600 GS AGP graphics scored a 4.8 ) so its still gets most of my games.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users