Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Keeps Switching Itself Off And Restarts Again

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 damsl in distress

damsl in distress

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

Hi again,

I wonder if you can point me in the right direction. I'm not sure if to do a HJThis log or what I am looking for.

Sometimes I am using the internet, other times I am not.

I have just finished running superantispyware which found nothing
and also
ran AVG and when it had completed the PC just switched off again and restarted it as been happening for about 2weeks now and I cannot seem to pinpoint the cause.

PLEASE HELP IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

You need to disable the automatic reboot feature in the control panel. In the control panel go to the system folder, in the system folder under advanced there are the start up and recovery options, under system failure you want Write and even to system log and send an administrative alert selected and you want to un-select reboot the computer. Next you want to check your Event Viewer. Event viewer tutorial . And post the last 4 errors in each category. Also if the computer happens to crash and you get a the blue screen of death (BSOD) write down the error code it gives you.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users