Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Problem.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leran

leran

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

Hey, I just both a new laptop that i can use for work ect... the problem is that i feel that windows vista is really slow on my computer.
It takes a while to open folders,mediaplayer and other stuff, was wondering if this is normal with vista???

If it is, is there anyway i can make it run faster?

I use Windows vista home premium, the computer is a standar working computer should be fin on speed.

Edited by leran, 07 October 2007 - 12:18 PM.

Games:Games:Games|and ofc MORE games.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

Many notebook computers, especially those provided by many companies to their employees, are not all that great. What are it's specs?

3939.png

#3 leran

leran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

120GB S-ATA HDD 533 ram Intel 943 GML(not sure what that is, used to -Gforce screen card)

intel celeron M CPU 520 1,60GHz 1.60GHz

#4 phoenix_124

phoenix_124

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

Windows Vista is a New Operating system which uses GPU instead of CPU. So in this case, it is used to speed up Windows Aero and all that. I would reccommend more RAM, minimum of at least 1 GB. By past experience 1 GB in Vista is great for stuff like word processing, email, music .etc. The more RAM, the more faster and more quantity of programs the computer can load up. 2nd, Graphics card. Since instead it is using more GPU instead of CPU when using Aero, a faster video card can speed things up. 3rd. Processor. The better, the more faster things load :D.

With the current specs, I won't reccommend Vista Home Premium. At least Vista Home Basic or XP. XP would be the best choice for the most efficent usage.
Ginuine Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
AMD 64 X2 1GB RAM 2.00GHz

Please note that I will try my best to assist you in this regard...

#5 leran

leran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:37 PM

Well sins Xp is of the market when it comes to new computers i can't to much, but i would belive that vista have alot of useless programs that i will never need.
ofc i would like to run XP insted but i don't wanne remove vista and install XP(lazy), and am not sure if it's like a normal uinstall and install XP.

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

You can do a clean install of XP over Vista. This would essentially format your hard drive (and Vista with it) and install XP. It's simple and I did it in reverse when I installed Vista-64 over XP. If you want to speed up your computer with Vista on a low-end system, I suggest turning off Aero. The UI won't look as nice but it will certainly speed up that slow computer. Vista does use the GPU for rendering instead of the CPU. This means that the CPU will be free to run software since all the graphical stuff has been offloaded to the GPU. A computer with your specs should not be using Vista, it's just not powerful enough to run quickly.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users