Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Cannot Find Config (l)isass.exe?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jzach28

jzach28

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:29 AM

Hello there, please help!!!! I am having this error "windows cannot find config (L)isass.exe....." coming upon start up. I had this problem when I ran an indepth scan of my antivirus NOD32. I am running on windows XP. I checked the said file isass.exe in google and it seems a bad one. Can this be a virus, malware or anything? Also upon the scans, why is it there appears to be ERROR(file locked) on some of the scanned files? Can anyone help me with these? I copied also the log of the result of the scan.

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
10/5/2007 15:42:08 PM AMON file E:\Autorun.inf Win32/RJump.A worm deleted NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe.
10/5/2007 12:08:11 PM AMON file C:\windows\system32\msnmsg.exe Win32/TrojanDownloader.Delf.NYR trojan WIZARD\Justin Event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe.
10/5/2007 3:43:23 AM Kernel file C:\windows\system32\msnmsg.exe Win32/TrojanDownloader.Delf.NYR trojan Alert was generated during the system startup file check.
10/5/2007 3:43:12 AM Kernel file c:\windows\config\lsass.exe probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus
10/5/2007 3:43:11 AM Kernel file c:\windows\system32\msnmsg.exe Win32/TrojanDownloader.Delf.NYR trojan Alert was generated during the system startup file check.
10/5/2007 3:30:08 AM Kernel file C:\WINDOWS\Config\lsass.exe probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus
10/5/2007 3:30:04 AM Kernel file c:\windows\config\lsass.exe probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus

Thanks and more power!!!
Posted Image

He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - Dr. S. Johnson

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

The info in the link below may help you.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/isass.html

The last two items mentioned in your post mention "heur". If you can submit those files to Jotti they will scan them with multiple antivirus programs. "Heur" is short for heuristic. Often files identified by this method are "false/positives".
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jzach28

jzach28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

I see, thanks for the site at least I have a background with "isass.exe". One of my concern also is that I have double entries in the task manager before with the name "Isass.exe" then when I had the scan with NOD32 it found the said entry and it prompted me to delete it and put in the quarantine. But after that, whenever I boot up my computer it prompts the said error. I am thinking to do a hijacklog and have an opinion. I would really appreciate if someone of you guys there who knows how to solve this error.

Thanks!!!
:thumbsup:
Posted Image

He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - Dr. S. Johnson

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

I think you should post a Hijack This log, too. Considering the malware that was found on your computer.
Running Nod32 in safe mode may find the rest of isass.
You could use Autoruns to find the isass in startup and block it.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/AutoRuns.mspx

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the instructions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users