Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Versato.exe And Volume Bars, Etc

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 destinylynn79

destinylynn79

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:40 AM

I have a BenQ Q-tpye rpo x730 wireless desktop companion pro keyboard and mouse set. My mouse is working with no issues, but when it come to my keyboard- thats another story. It has a volume control knob on it and when you use it it would display volume up , down, or mute depending on what you were doing along with green bars. Also when you would push the cap lock, or num locks keeps it would read which keep was pressed (also in green). I know that this "extra" function came with my keyboard and mouse software, but I started having and issue with it. The mouse side works properly but on the keyboard it has extra keys for web/home page, shopping, search, favorites, foward, backward, play, pause, etc. None of these keys will work either. I was trying to find a fix for the versato mfc application.

the error message I get is: Versato MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.

app name is: versato.exe version: 1.0.0.1

When I try to install, reinstall or uninstall the software it tells me that the files are locked- therefore (apparently, but I'm not for sure) they can not be over- written or deleted. That in turn means I cant install, reinstall, or uninstall at this point. It is virtually useless.

I was trying to find information on correcting this issue, but all I am finding is that versato.exe is most commonly used for wireless keyboards. It has other uses as well but for the most part it is for keyboards.

I am using a Windows XP Home OS on a custom built computer-- motherboard is Asus, Ge-force 6600 graphics, Nvidia (not sure what this is), Amd processor.

Anyother info you need I will be more than happy to provide you with if you will walk me through how to obtain it for you. I would just appreciate help. i am trying to learn to do things,(so i know what I am doing-- more or less) but also so I dont have to keep running to the guy that bulit my computer for me to my specifications and pay him to do what I could do I only some one would teach me.

Help please!
Any help from an expert or some one very highly knowledgable with computers is ever so greatly appreciated and I will thank you in advance and many times over.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Desiree :trumpet: :thumbsup: :flowers: :inlove:
Smile, it makes you look better!?! :)

The only stupid question there is, is one that goes unasked.
Do you have any questions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hello, welcome to BC
Silly question. When you go to uninstall it, are you using them? Try a wired keyboard and mouse. Also try doing it in safemode. Reboot the computer and start tapping the F8 key
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

I can unistall to a point but it still says that the osd.exe file is locked, therefore it doesnt completely unitstall. I will try it again in the safemode like you said. and repost a comment for you. Oh and no I was using a wired keyboard and mouse when I wrote the posting and I am using the wired one now.

THank you for your help.Be in touch.

Desiree

:flowers: :thumbsup:

Edited by destinylynn79, 09 October 2007 - 12:56 PM.

#4 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:21 PM

ok i rebooted in safe mode. the qtype pro software was not in add/remove so I reinstalled. rebooted in safe mode again ans the same thing happened.

Vesato mfc application encountered a problem and needs to close. re-uninstall and osd.exe file is still locked.

How can I unlock this file for complete removal? maybe that will solve my problem, but then again what do I know-- thats why I am here--- asking for help!

ha, ha. In light of my situation I would say I am trying to be positive. It is just agrivationg not beong able to use the functions on my keyboard that I have come to accustomed to-- especially the volume control. That little booger is a handy critter.

If any one has any further insight-- Please help me!!! I am begging you and any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Desiree :trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :) :P :) :thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

okay-- i found and unlocker, thanks to grinler, but that did not help. It still says Versato Mfc Application error.

But also my compuer say that sndvol32.exe doesnt exist and it will not let me change the volume manually either.

Help!!! I am getting really frustrated.

thank you to anyone who helps.

Desiree

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

OSD.exe is a legitimate, though unnecessary program by Netropa. See if a program with that name is in add/remove. Usually found on Compaq and HP It has been known to be troublesome. There is supposed to be an icon on the startup tool bar. You might be able to turn it off or exit there. You could also disable it from startup using msconfig or a 3rd party program such as codestuff starter
about OSD.exe
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

the osd file is in with the qtype pro software for my keyboard and mouse. i did not find an ico or the name Netropa. I am in the process of using that code stuff starter. I do not have an hp or compaq. My computer is custom built.

In the code stuff starter i found the osd.exe and terminated the service.

still gives me the error of the Versato MFC Apllication encoutering and error and needing to close. I just want to be able to use my stuff the way it was intended when I purchased it. This is a recent development and I have had the computer and never had a problem like this.

Also, it is still saying that Sndvol32.exe doesnt exist. I can not manually turn the volume on the computer it self up either (by going to control panel, sound, and proteries, etc). :trumpet: :flowers: :thumbsup: (dang computer)

When I try to place the volume icon in the taskbar it says the volume control program has not been installed. to install it use add/remove programs in the control panel.

where can I find the volume control program so I can install it?
I do not have a windows xp disc.

Thank you

Desiree

Edited by destinylynn79, 09 October 2007 - 07:59 PM.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

Replace Sndvol32.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095/en-us
Mark

Just noticed in another post that the command didn't work until they used all capitals

Edited by garmanma, 09 October 2007 - 06:15 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

#9 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:13 PM

how do I replace sdnvol32.exe if I do not have a dics to reinstall from?
I tried to run the command in call caps and still nothing.

Edited info: I found the sndvol32.exe file -- I searched it and copied it into c:\windows\system32

Then I went to the control panel, sounds,speech and adio devices, sounds and audio devices, slected the box that said place icon in taskbar , clicked apply and it reappeared!!! yeah!!

I am still having the versato mfc application error though. Could this be because of the volume control? ( Ihave not checked this since I fixed the volume control issue.) I will keep you posted on that one.

**** I have since installed the software for my BenQ q-type pro wireless keyboard and mouse. The volume control stayed in the taskbarafter reboot, but it did not fix the other problem I was having.

Upon reboot and fully loading, the same error message came up.

Versato MFC Application has encounter a problem and needs to close.

I do not understand this nor do I know how to fix this one. It took me a while to fix the sound one, with a little help and a lot of pesistance.

The versato.exe one is a pesky one.

Maybe you have some insight on how to repair it so it will work properly. I would like to use the volume knob and mute butons and caps lock and all useable (usually, that is when all executable files are working properly) functions of my multimedia keyboard . It seems that once the sound was fix the locked osd file issue was fix. Idont know if there was a connection, but it will let me fully install and unistall the keyboard and mouse software without it coming up that the osd.exe file is locked. I guess that is just a plus.

Thank you again, Mark for all you help.

Desiree

Edited by destinylynn79, 09 October 2007 - 10:59 PM.

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:11 PM

2 more things. Is BenQ Q-tpye rpo x730 the model number for the combo or just the keyboard? Underneath the keyboard, if there are any different numbers, please post them. Open Codestuff Starter and see if Versato.exe is listed and check it to start if it isn't
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#11 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

okay, i looked at the model number and product name an dserial number on both.

Prod. name : BenQ x730 wireless desktop companion pro
profile series

Keyboard model number: x730
Serial: 99m06c90214bw01869sa0000

mouse model: m306
the mouse has 2 different serial numbers so I wont list them unless you need them.

I opened codestuff starter and check if versato.exe was started.
this is what it reads:

Name Value Section Enabled Desc.
Enable Q-Type Driver C:\Program Files\Q-Type Pro\Versato.exe Startuo- All Users Yes Verasto MFC Application

It is check to run on startup for all users.

I dont know what else to do. everything seems to be as it should-- am I right?

Thank you for helping me-- again.

Desiree

#12 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:49 PM

I'm starting to feel stumped. You can try reloading the driver with a new one from BenQ's website download page
At their support site they do have an email address for problems with their products http://benq.us/support/
Exhausting those, I would recommend posting a Hijack This log in the malware/HighjackThis forum
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
When I first started researching this I found a couple of post mentioning a trojan or virus. I didn't believe it was, but I've exhausted everything else I can think of
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#13 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

between all of my normal daily things to do i am doing the things you suggested. it is time consuming but hopefully it will help. i will let you know what happens.

thank you mark

desiree

Edited by destinylynn79, 11 October 2007 - 06:22 AM.

#14 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

Okay I ran my regular antivirus (avg 7.5) and it found the virus lop which it indicated was actually a trojan. when the scan was complete it successfully healed all 74 infected files. I am still in the proces of running the other scans.

I am playing hurry up and wait. lol. I will get back to you when I know more and I will also post the hijack this file when I actually get one in that forum.

Thank you again mark.

I dont know how I got hit with this to start with but We are working on its repairations.

I greatly appreciate it, because my tech would charge me a lot of money to do virus removal when If someone would teach me like you are doing, i can do it my self and save a bundle.
My tech doesnt come cheap not to mention that I just got it back from the shop for warranty work. i did not have it for almosta full month.

any way, much thanks.

Desiree

#15 destinylynn79

destinylynn79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

I dont know what I did but I fixed all the issues I was having. I have still posted a HiJACK THIS log in that forum because a virus scan came up wit I have Virus lob. Other than that everything seems to be great. Took me a while but I did it!!!

Thanks for all your help mark!!

I know with my volume bars thing- once I got the versato error to quite coming up I just uninstalled rebooted and reinstaled and rebooted the keyboard and mouse software and finally all controls worked!! (this includes on-screen diaplay of Capslock , scroll lock, Num lock , and volume bars).

i hope this some what helps reolsve someone elses issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users