Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Take A Better Look At Your Cpanel Visitors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Simple Simon

Simple Simon

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

For those of you who have your own website/forums it's sometimes helpful, (and fun) to know that some visitors may just not be who they say they are. Here are a couple of useful and free utilities that may save you a little grief.

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm I use the IP Locator to see where in the world the visitor is from. It not only gives you the city and country, it also shows you where they are on a rather fine Google map. Is he/she using a proxy? You'll have a pretty good idea soon...

http://centralops.net/co/ You can use Central Ops 50 times in a day without having to pay for it. Use it in conjunction with the IP Locator to get a better fix on your target. It can also tell you if an email address is phony and it is useful for supplying IP numbers for an address you are curious about and vice-versa. Lots of goodies in here, you'll need to play with it for a little while.

Have fun... :thumbsup:

Edited by Simple Simon, 06 October 2007 - 07:32 PM.

- Simon

All those who believe in telekinesis raise my right hand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:06 AM

Ugh. I just finally got my website back up after a rather nasty MySQL frick-up. I'm not doing anything with it this week. But you're right, it's fun!

#3 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:34 AM

Nice one, Simple Simon! :thumbsup:
People live to learn, and learn to live...

#4 Simple Simon

Simple Simon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:50 AM

These are the ones I love. I ran his number through the IPLocator and was surprised to see he lived only about an hour from here. Thought he/she would be a nice forum member. Then I ran the number through Central Ops and it came up..... (drum roll here)..... BEIJING! Oh boy, nice forum member...NOT!

Proxy hunting Simon :thumbsup:
- Simon

All those who believe in telekinesis raise my right hand.

#5 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:57 PM

:thumbsup: ...
People live to learn, and learn to live...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users