Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Colour Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevb8ll

kevb8ll

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:23 AM

I've got a samsung DVD rom. I'm running XP Home SP1. I have a couple of players but none of them run the dvds with the correct colours.

If you've ever looked at negatives, yellow is opposite to blue. This is what is happening on my players. None of them have an adjustment for colour.

I've checked that the drivers for the DVD are correct and I've also checked the drivers for my graphics card they are correct.

I'm a bit stuck, can anyone help?

Kev :thumbsup:
I don't do silly signature things - not since my Karma ran over my Dogma!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 11 February 2005 - 01:25 PM

VLC has an option to invert video colors. Under Settings, check Extended GUI. In the Video tab, check Image inversion
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 kevb8ll

kevb8ll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:44 AM

Nope that didn't work. It just inverted to different colours. The colours are basically green / purple shades. It is only like this on the DVD Rom - all other programs are correct.

Any other ideas?
I don't do silly signature things - not since my Karma ran over my Dogma!

#4 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:28 AM

You could try copying the dvd to your hard drive and see if it plays correctly. Here is a guide for using DVD Decrypter. I don't know if it will copy with the right colors, but it might work. Also, could the hue setting be messed up?

Edited by HuckerJ, 12 February 2005 - 09:17 PM.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users