Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Utorrent Seed Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Campo1988

Campo1988

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:31 AM

I am downloading a 3.94 GB file, or trying to, I need seeds to help me. So far, there was only 1 seed: 1 (1), most times is 0 (1). Really not enough at all for such a file size, especially when said seed is offline (while offline, am I able to still download from them, or do I need to be online at the same time as they are?) Now, though, seed number = 0 (0), does that mean seed is offline, or the file/torrent has been deleted/removed? Though, I do have 0 (1) peers. Can anyone help me with either seeding the download, or finding (or even creating(?)) seeds for the download? Please?!?!

XP Pro SP2
1 MB Broadband connection
Using uTorrent

P.S. I am downloading another file, (slackware), and when I start that, the number of seeds x (xx) changes, why is that? And why is it I used to have (only) 1 seed but now 0 for the 3.94 GB file/torrent?

I noticed earlier, though, that I had 2 seeds, so my download would have been complete in about 1 day and a few hours. Only 1 seed in still online now. The dowload speed is around 1 KB/s or less. Download would finish in about at least 1 week. At times it stops (i.e. doesn't show a download speed). While downloading slackware, the download speed was at 140 KB/s if I remember. Why is the rest of my 1 MB connection being wasted with less than 1 KB downloading? Sometimes my 3.94 GB file bursts up to a whopping 7 KB/s :thumbsup: . Please, anybody know how to aquire seeds to help a poor kid download a large file? (I say it's large because my HDD is embarrasingly small; C: 7.11 GBB D: 7.15 GB :flowers: .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

word of advice get a new computer, and new internet connection with a higher speed. It pretty much just depends on how many people have the file that you want and that determines how fast it will download. I just leave my computer on and let it download I don't really pay attention to the amount of seed's and ext.

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

The more seeds the faster the download,,, eg about 50-200 seeds then your download speed will only reach about 90-120 kb/s with a 1meg broadband connection, a file of about 3 gig will take aboout 17 hours or more,,,,, this is off corse if your isp dont shape your download speeds, this means they cut back your 1meg because they can tell if your on a p2p site, in the uk they cut you back for some reason,,,, also the more powerfull the pc the better,,, i have 2 pc's ,,, 1 is a pentium 4 with HT 3.4GHz 1 gig of ram,,, the other is a core2 2.4GHz 2 gig of ram & on a 5meg connection i get about 350-700 kb/s & it still take's about 8 hours for a file the size your downloading. Try looking for the file on other torrent sites with the most seeds possable,,,, but a word of warning P2P torrent sites are notorious for viruses & malware,,, its not iff you get infected but when,,,, it will happen and they are the only thing on the internet that are compleatly FREEEEEEEE,,,,,, good luck,,
IAN

Edited by figgis41, 09 October 2007 - 04:46 PM.

Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users