Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformatting Computer - No Cd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yunalesca

Yunalesca

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hello....

I want to KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate it, I can't stand it... eitherway..... so it's win xp home

Tried to reboot that bleep of trash and pressing F8 then F10 then F4 constantly and it didn't work.... tried delete and got into bios

Problem - I was NOT given a CD... Futureshop and Canadian Electronic stores practice Tyranny

So.... Through my reading I found out about the I386 folder - mine was deleted so I re-installed SP2... BUT no winnt files that are exe

Now what? Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

by law your computer maker must furnish you a way to reinstall, sometimes it's a hidden partition on your hard drive, others even have you burn the cd's, if you neglect to do this or lose the manual telling you how to reinstall, companies will send you a reinstall package for a small fee, the important thing is your certificate of authenticty where you have a valid number.

call them up
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Yunalesca

Yunalesca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:21 PM

By law in the US... not Canada as far as I know 'cause my brother also bought a computer last year and no CD there

no CD, nothing - I have a valid sticker on my computer with a valid Win XP Home key...

Edited by Yunalesca, 06 October 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:15 PM

the law I mentioned is international, agreement(contract) between microsoft and oem manufacturers

you want to use their software and build computers then you sign on the dotted line

call them up, your oem

originally the agreement required a cd, but they later allowed the hidden partition or self burn restore disks

if all else fails call microsoft and complain

Edited by DaChew, 06 October 2007 - 03:23 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 Skarz-07

Skarz-07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:57 AM

well i know a way this might work not certan it will but when you turn your computer on it should go to a grey screen
press F11 and wait a little and then click on recovery mode and then destructive mode

WARNING: THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR HDD EVERYTHING WILL BE LOST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users