Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Windows Updates

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kimr

kimr

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:49 AM

I'm having problems with update, too. Everynight it downloads the updates and I can hear everything cooking for quite a while but then it reports the same three updates failed.

I've tried to force an update and the same three still fail. Do I need to worry about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

Try this...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940520

...and then try installing them again. It's worth a shot. :huh:

#3 kimr

kimr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:26 PM

Try this...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940520

...and then try installing them again. It's worth a shot. :huh:

Thanks for trying. It told me that the BITS thingy was not required. Kim

#4 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

Have you tried installing these manually? Instead of using Windows update, go to the Download Center and install them that way. Were you successful or the same error?

Please provide the three KB#'s of the updates as well as any error code/message that Windows gives you.

#5 kimr

kimr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:36 PM

Have you tried installing these manually? Instead of using Windows update, go to the Download Center and install them that way. Were you successful or the same error?

Please provide the three KB#'s of the updates as well as any error code/message that Windows gives you.

I finally followed down some of the error messages to the Microsoft help center and one told me which temp folders to delete. After I did that windows update was sucessful. Thanks for your time!

Edited by kimr, 12 October 2007 - 06:37 PM.

#6 Dana Walker

Dana Walker

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:48 PM

I was having the same problem, and going to the download center worked for me! Thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users