Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making A Slideshow For A Cd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 anniemcc

anniemcc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:05 AM

Can anyone help/advise

My elderly parents don't have a computer, and we want to make a CD of our Vancouver photos for my them to play back through their DVD player and view on their tv screen.

OK with putting the photos on CD, but is there a bit of software that we can incorporate to make the slideshow??

Answers on a postcard, please :thumbsup:

Ann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Hey Ann! :thumbsup:

It would be wise first to make a video of your photos, which can be pretty easy. You should have Windows Movie Maker on your computer. Just import all the photos that you have, place each on the time line and then go to Tools and select Video Transitions. I'd suggest fade, but you can pick whatever you think looks neat.

When you're done, go to Save Movie File under File and that will pop up a wizard. Save to your computer, the next step choose as you wish, just remember the name and where you saved it. The next step, you'll want to select more choices, for as how to save it. You'll want something good for a DVD. Choose "Other Settings" and in the drop down menu, select High Quality Video.

Then, there is: DVD Flick, which will help you burn it to DVD and it supports most video formats, so this should be good for you. It's also free! You'll want to make sure, obviously, that your computer can burn DVDs, because it's different than just burning CDs.

I think that should be it. If you need anymore help, I'd be glad to assist some more. :flowers:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:05 AM

There are numerous routes you can go down to acheive this. You can either buy comercial software or look for some freeware (free software). A quick google retuned these results.

Try looking in the All other software, freeware replacements for comercial software for the necessary software.

Edited by FireKracker, 10 October 2007 - 05:05 AM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

Has anyone got other suggestions? I ve tried Nero and Moviemaker along with some tools from the above google search. Nero and MovieMaker keep crashing on me after adding about 60 photos, the other freeware tools I ve tried thus far dont seem to work for me either. Any help would be appreciated.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#5 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:16 AM

I used Nero for slide shows. It worked ok for me. I remember having to re-install Nero once because it kept crashing on me. It works fine now.

Irfanview will make slide shows also. :thumbsup:

Edited by 12x48y, 24 December 2007 - 09:23 AM.

#6 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

I believe Picasa by Google will do that. Its free & really good for working with lots of photos.
You can even add a caption to the pics that will appear when the slideshow plays
In the beginning there was the command line.

#7 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:07 AM

Thanks guys. I ll try picassa first. Didnt even realise I had it installed on my pc :thumbsup: :flowers:

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users