Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Download / View / Save Websites For Viewing Offline

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:30 AM

I have Win Vista home premium - browsers : main one is Firefox, then IE7.

I have wifi bluetooth and a hp laptop.

I need to view websites offline because I will be in area with no wifi access.

What is the most simple and fastest method. I've had a look "Website Downloader" see link below. As far as i can tell, each site has to be entered individually, and it looks complicated. I need something more easy "for dummies" !!

website downloader from glenn alcott

Also, what is the best way of finding wifi access in more remote areas - even cell phone reception is very weak, usually not even 1 bar, which is going to be a problem as I am going to be living in this area soon. Is there something called a cell phone "extender" ??

I managed to connect to a network called Communimesh, but although it was connected it did not allow me to access online web or email etc. My router is Netgear and I am in Cape Town South Africa. I am going to be in a place called Scarborough which is close to Simonstown heading towareds Cape Point on the western peninusal of Cape town.

Any help on this would be really helpful. (I know I have included cell phone stuff which is not covered in this particular forum but as it is related I thought I would take a chance).!!

Many thanks..... :thumbsup:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users