Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove Trojans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coffefan

coffefan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

i have an antivirus program that didn't detected this virus: Troj/PMK-0.9 , I run spyware but when i try to remove or quarantine, it doesn't allow me to do it. My computer as a result acts crazy. Can someone advice me what to do?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 05 October 2007 - 08:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:21 AM

:thumbsup: to BC, coffefan

So when you run spyware it does detect it, but does not allow you to delete it or quarantine it right?

If so, try scanning in Safe Mode by continuously tapping the F8 key as soon as the computer begins to boot (start up). A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode

Good luck!
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:28 AM

it might be useful to know which version of Windows you are using,which antivirus program you did scan it with and what other protection programs you have got there :thumbsup:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

What type of anti-virus and anti-spyware programs are you using? Are you doing scans while logged into the Administrator's account or an account with administrator privileges? You can also Use the "Run As" Command to Start a Program as an Administrator.

If not, you should do so.

Download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt. Follow the instructions here for performing a scan in "safe mode".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users