Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onenote 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pinemeadows

pinemeadows

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

I have installed my registered copy of OneNote 2003 on my new computer, running Vista. The icon for the program is on the bottom taskbar. But when I want to "send to OneNote" through the Tools drop down menu at the top, it sends it (or tries to - I haven't opened it yet) to the 2007 version.

I have never opened any of the Microsoft Office programs on this computer (I'm using OPenSource programs).

Where would I go and how would I change that option to go to my OneNote 2003?

I started working on computers when DOS was a baby, and it's just mind boggling how complex Vista is!

Thanks for any help!

BJ

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 05 October 2007 - 11:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:06 PM

Well hmmm. the Extremely Complicated Version of this or the quite simple one?

If you're comfortable with the command line you could just remove the file type associated with OneNote 2007 but that could be messy. The other option is to simply uninstall OneNote 2007 which sounds like it is there....

If 2007 was installed or is present in the form of a trial, then it will be seen by the OS Before OneNote 2003 which is what is
prolly creating the issues you're having. I would recommend just removing OneNote2007. You may have to reinstall
OneNote 2003 because of some similar Libraries between the two but it's unlikely.

Try that and get back to me here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users