Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloaded Ie 7 And Now I Am In Trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 candiv

candiv

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

:thumbsup:

I use AT&T YAHOO DSL service. recent downloads included a Yahoo version of IE 7. After the skanky version downloaded, I lost the ability to access Internet Options via the Tool link in the browser. Tried going through Control Panel, but when I click on Internet options there, you can see a window open then immediately close. I dont know any other ways to access these options. Could someone help? Thanks

Candi

FYI...using Win XP Pro sp 2, AVG Virus Protect, Adaware malware detection

Edited by candiv, 05 October 2007 - 09:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

welcom to this forum :thumbsup:

may I suggest to start with why not try a system restore to before IE7 was installed and see if IE6 still works? :flowers:

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hi candiv,

You should only download Internet Explorer 7, or any other Windows Tools or Utilities from a Microsoft web site.

Uninstall IE7 via Add/Remove programs and reinstall it from this link: Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP SP2
A system restore should not be necessary.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:01 PM

on your start menue do you have a link to the windows downloads site which should go direct to the microsoft windows update site :thumbsup:

#5 candiv

candiv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

thanks all for the ideas. I have tried system restore with no results, and I am afraid that if I remove Yahoo! IE 7 to convert back to standard IE 7 I wont have a browser to surf over to the microsoft site WITH... :thumbsup:

sorry for the delay. been away from my 'puter for a couple of days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users