Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Windows 2K is So Blue...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BSAC

BSAC

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:01 AM

I am having trouble getting my work machine to start. When I turned it on this morning it appeared that windows was starting. However, when normally the screen would change from the "windows is starting" screen to display my desktop the screen flashes blue for a half of a second and then reboots. This continues until I turn off the power. On the blue screen I have figured out some of the two lines of text that are displayed - it happens so quickly that I may not have it correct and I certainly do not have it all:

stop 0x0000
mode_exception_not_handled

I have called our IT department, but that could take days. Is there anything I can do in the mean time? Or should I wait for a hard drive wipe and reinstall windows?

Thanks in advance!
Be Strong And Courageous!

Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:55 AM

sounds more like a hardware problem,maybe cpu or memory.
You could try removing and reseating them.

Let us know
Posted Image

#3 BSAC

BSAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:01 AM

Talked to IT department again. They seem to think it has to do with critical updates for windows which they pushed out to all stations when PCs boot in the mornings. I didn't shut down mine all week so I missed one update. Then again this morning they pushed another...

IT says they both tried to install at the same time causing a conflict - someone is on the way to repair. I will post again when I am up and running to let you know what the final outcome was.

Kevin

#4 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:06 AM

I heard about that when you upgrading from SP1 to SP1 wihout getting a specific file/update first.
Next time log off from the pc :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 BSAC

BSAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

Another IT technician called (one that I know well). He told me the PC is toast and I am going to get what I wanted all along - XP :thumbsup: . Problem now is he thinks I am malicious :flowers: . Think what he may... XP is coming!

Kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users