Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot And Itbarlayout?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

I've started getting a Spybot alert everytime I open IE. It says User-specific browser toolbar, value added, ItBarLayout. I don't know what ItBarLayout is, so I always click deny.

It didn't start doing this until after I was disconnected from the Internet and I tried installing one of those free AOL internet disc thingies to see if I could get back on. I uninstalled it.

Nothing else out of the ordinary has happened except that my computer crashed and rebooted without any prompt while I was trying to uninstall the AOL program.

But anywho, I don't know if AOL is related to the ItBarLayout value. What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

Quoting Ramesh, a Micro$oft MVP, "ITBarLayout is the registry value where the IE / Windows Explorer Toolbar positions are saved (as Binary values). You can safely allow your monitoring program to allow IE access or change this value.

Example: When you change the position of your Google Toolbar and dock it next to the Standard Toolbar, the values are stored in ITBarlayout value."

So ITBarlayout was responding to the change made by installing/uninstalling the AOL program.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:23 PM