Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Calendar Appointments Won't Open

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doomgiver13

doomgiver13

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

One of my users has several instances of calendar appointments that he created. He can open them on his Laptop, but he can not open on his Desktop. It appears that he can open some of the ones he created, but not all, on that PC. It also appears that on both PCs, he can open all calendar appointments created by other people. His Administrative Assistant can open all of his calendar appointments from her PC, so the problem is specific to his Desktop.

WinXP SP2
Outlook 2003 (11.8118.8122) SP2 [part of Office 2003 Pro]

Any suggestions?
If you truly live by the sword, it only stands to reason that someone has to die by it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:17 PM

This sound like a corrupted Outlook, which would entail a reinstall of Office. It's kinda messy but not many other options.
You could check the event viewer in the Application log and see what errors it's holding. I'm not aware of a setting that might cause this, but it's certainly possible.

Get back to me with what you'd like to try.

#3 doomgiver13

doomgiver13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

meh.

I was hoping it could be resolved without a reinstall... ah well... guess I'll try that. thanks.
If you truly live by the sword, it only stands to reason that someone has to die by it.

#4 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:29 PM

It's unfortunate and I don't like to re-install but sometimes it's necessary. Let me know how it goes.

#5 doomgiver13

doomgiver13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

Uninstalled and reinstalled.... no luck. Killed his local user profile... still no luck... any other ideas out htere?

#6 doomgiver13

doomgiver13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

FOUND A FIX!!!!

close outlook

Start-> Search

Look for FRMCACHE.DAT file. (look in hidden)

Delete it from the find window.
Restart Outlook.

When you restart Outlook it will rebuild a fresh new
FRMCACHE.DAT file.

Outlook uses forms for everything. Sometimes these
get corrupt and need to be rebuilt.

edit* This was a problem with recurring calendar items... but may help if any Items display the error: "Can't open this item. The Object could not be found."

Edited by doomgiver13, 17 October 2007 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users