Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting Stuff Of My Pc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 frett

frett

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

i am trying to delete a game program off my pc and a message keeps coming up saying it cant because another person or program is using it and that is impossible. i have tried everything i know which amounts to very little so any help would be apreciated.
thankyou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:57 PM

Have you tried to delete it while in safe mode? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 d3k0y

d3k0y

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

Use a program that will delete the files(s) before the computer boots your OS - a move or delete on boot program. An easy, great program that I use for such instances is Gipo Move on Boot. Just open the program, select the files for deletion and restart. If you need a more comprehensive explanation or tutorial, please feel free to post and I will write one accordingly. Cheers.

d3k0y
"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?'"

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici..."

"Not much really" - Sidis

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

Doing it in Safe Mode should do it.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

d3k0y - is killbox similar to/is that? or completely unrelated?
=)

#6 d3k0y

d3k0y

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

I havent really used killbox before...probably because I have always used Gipo and it has served its purpose. I read about it a little and it sounds like it accomplishes the same task with a slightly different means. Killbox (from my limited understanding) tries to find the process that is using the file, ends it, and then allows you to delete the file. This would not require a reboot. It also sounds a bit safer (but less capable) than Gipo. Gipo marks a file for deletion, reboots, and deletes the file before the OS even loads. This means you can delete anything. Killbox may not allow you to do that because it probably wont allow you to delete a file that is required for the OS to continue running. But, again, I am not sure. Thanks for the suggestion though...I'll try Killbox out...sounds a bit safer and may not require a reboot. Cheers.

d3k0y :thumbsup:
"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?'"

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici..."

"Not much really" - Sidis

#7 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:18 AM

k cool

alternatly frett - u can also use a bootcd to delete the file - www.ubcd4win.com

goodluck!
=)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users