Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Audio Problem With Videos On Some Sites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

I've noticed that on some forums I belong to where members post a lot of videos, some YouTube, some DropShots, some PhotoBucket, I don't get the sound on a good many of them (occasionally I do though). I'm on a WinXP box with default broswer Firefox 2.0.0.7, Adblock Plus & NoScript. But if I copy/paste the video's url in my adress bar and watch it on the hosting sites direct, the sound comes through just fine. So I know my player is working OK. Strange, no? I have the latest flash player and Java installed. Even reinstalled them in case some file was damaged or corrupt in some way. Still the same results. Ran a little curiosity test and the videos wouldn't come up at all (audio or video) when I tried them running IE6 (got the dreaded red X). I assume this is because Fx is designated in Windows as my "Default Browser".

Any thoughts about the audio issues when I'm using Firefox?

Edited by buttoni, 04 October 2007 - 08:51 PM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buttoni

buttoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

I'll share the solution I just found over on DSL Broadband Reports forums. Wasn't a Firefox rendering problem at all, but a Flash Player Global Setting. (I just recently learned there WERE Flashplayer Global Settings :thumbsup: )See my post in that forum.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r192...n-Hosting-Sites

Edited by buttoni, 07 October 2007 - 04:27 PM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:40 AM

Thanx for reporting back with your solution buttoni. :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 buttoni

buttoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

No problem. Ex-teachers :thumbsup: do that so others can learn. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users