Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Downloads Never Finish

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maabsta

Maabsta

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:26 PM

So I've been having this problem for a little while now. It is the most annoying thing I've ever had to endure. I'll start downloading a cd and at a random time the download will just stop. No matter what site I download from (rapidshare, megaupload, mediafire, etc) the problem persists. I have no idea what the problem is. The strange thing is uTorrent downloads without a problem. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acdragonx

acdragonx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:01 PM

Does the download get stuck at 100%? If that's the case, you just have to wait a little (30mins) for it to finish...

#3 Maabsta

Maabsta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

Nope it never gets to 100% it will pick a random percentage and just stop.

#4 seedsofchaos

seedsofchaos

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:50 AM

The first and most obvious thing that I would try is to clear your cache and everything and make sure you have the most recent version of Firefox. Make sure you clear history/cookies/cache/etc.

#5 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:39 PM

You might need to empty the list in the Downloads box too. If that gets too long, it can cause problems. Open the Downloads and click "Clean up". If it's not in your toolbar as an icon, go to Tools-Downloads. You'll find it there.

#6 Maabsta

Maabsta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

I have the most current release of firefox. I also have it so all my history and cookies are deleted as I exit firefox. Those do not seem to be the problem. Thanks for the responses guys. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users