Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Internet Explorer (not Responding)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dogman1313

Dogman1313

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:37 PM

When surfing the web, quite often I get an error that says internet explorer not responding. Alot of the time it happens when you try to login to a site like this or a email account. Then you can't send email, you have to close outlook express, then reopen it, then closeit. Then it says you have unsent items in your out box, would you like to send now? You click yes then they send. can you please help?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

Start with Its not always malware: How to fix the top 10 Internet Explorer issues.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Dogman1313

Dogman1313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

I went thru all that with no results. I tried to reinstall XP PRO serv pk2 . During the installation it said file auxs21l6.sys could not be found. could this be part of the problem? & how do I find it?
Thanks

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

Please double-check the spelling on auxs21l6.sys
Nothing shows up for that while searching. That's usually an indication of malware/virus
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Dogman1313

Dogman1313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:13 AM

The file auxs21I6.sys is missing. The auxs21 is correct, the next charcter could be an I or l , its hard to tell. When I came in this morning I booted the computer up & it gave me that error so I rebooted to safe mode to do a system restore & some how it got shut off. I finally got it rebooted & here we go again.
Thanks

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Neither file shows up with a google search - this is usually a suspicious thing and malware should be suspected.

Try these free, online scans:
http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

If Internet Explorer doesn't respond, then I'd suggest using an alternate browser to visit the second link (the first one only works with IE). I'd recommend that you download and install Mozilla Firefox (free here: http://www.mozilla.com )
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Dogman1313

Dogman1313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the response, I tried both of those scans. The TrendMicro scan ,after the componets were downloaded I tried to scan using the Mozilla browser, it said I had to check items I wanted scanned, I checked everything & it kept telling me it couldn't scan till I checked something. so it didn't work. The microsoft live scan said it found 1 issue it was not able to clean, but didn't tell me what it was. So now what? I dont know why it wouldn't tell me. Do I have to buy something? I tried to rescan with Housecall, I got this error Housecall- API did not define a Native Binding. What does that mean?

Edited by Dogman1313, 08 October 2007 - 01:13 PM.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

Nope, don't buy anything!!!

Since there are issues on the system, I'd suggest that you read the pinned topics in this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ and then post a HiJackThis logfile there. It's important to follow the directions correctly in order to expedite the processing of your logfile by a HJT Team member.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:15 AM

I have moved your Hijackthis log to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum. You posted your log in a forum not intended for these logs analysis and probably missed the directions we provide to those who require assistance.

Your log can be found here.

Please follow all directions that I posted as a reply to your log. Following these instructions will ensure that your hijackthis log is properly posted so it can be reviewed in a timely manner.

If you have any questions please respond in that thread. To avoid confusing, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users