Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet Setup Between 2 Computers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NFWE

NFWE

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

I have had 1 computer set up to a wireless router for some time. I recently added another computer. I have set up the second computer so that it can connect to the wireless router and this appears to be working fine. Both computer have a netgear wireless adapter attached to them. However, the second computer will not connect to the Internaet. i just keep getting a message stating" Unable to display page". I cannot ping the default gateway either which I suspect is why I cannot get onot the internet. What have I not done please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

Hi, if you have the security enabled, have you set up the key in the wireless network for the PC ? If you can not ping the router your not connected to it.
MCP
MSDST

#3 NFWE

NFWE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:27 AM

Hi,
I have not enabled security at this stage and so do not need to enter the key details so I don't think it is a security issue. If I can't ping the router and therefore are not connected why does it show in the bottom of my screen that the wireless connection is connected and that the signal strength is Excellent?

Thanks very much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users