Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will They Fight(have A Conflict)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Martinx

Martinx

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

Will NOD32,SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition,Hijackthis and CCleaner fight if i install them on my computer?Like have a conflict?I don't think so because i don't think CCleaner and Hijackthis are antivriuses/antispywares/antimalwares but if they are will the like fight?And i know NOD32 is an antivirus and SuperantiSpyware Free Edition is an antispyware program but will NOD32 And SAP(SuperAntiSpyware)fight?Same goes to Ccleaner and Hijackthis...and maybe like CCleaner and NOD32 will fight?I need to know this so i don't get like more viruses and stuff cause my friend says if they fight they might release viruses and stuff(like from the Quarantine section)I don't know if someone lost me(i don't know what i'm typing exactly)but can any1 tell me will they fight?Will they release viruses and stuff if thet do fight?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:52 AM

Since Anti-viruses and anti-spyware applications generally look for different things, there should be no reason for any conflict. Where you will get problems is with having two AVs (especially if both provide real-time protection); these will often conflict.
Using CCleaner (just be extremely careful since it is a very powerful application, and should be used with EXTREME CAUTION when deleting any files recommended) or any "on demand" application will not cause conflicts, either, if you do not scan your hard drive with more than one at a time.
I hope this answers your questions, but if you need additional clarification, please post back in a reply.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:34 AM

CCleaner Tour: Using and Understanding CCleaner
Using CCleaner Demo
CCleaner FAQs

i don't think CCleaner and Hijackthis are antivriuses/antispywares/antimalwares

HijackThis is an advanced tool that requires advanced knowledge about the Windows Operating System. Most of the log entries are required to run a computer and removing essential ones can potentially cause serious damage such as your Internet no longer working or problems with running Windows itself.

HijackThis will scan certain areas of your system and then create a log to help diagnose the presence of undetected malware in these known hiding places. It then relies on experts to interpret the log entries and determine what needs to be fixed. If you do not have advanced knowledge about computers or training in the use of this tool, you should NOT fix anything using HijackThis without consulting a expert as to what to fix.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users