If your system was working properly when you made your restore point, then go ahead and try System Restore first. If that does not work, even though you cannot download anything, you can always download what you need from another computer, save to a usb stick and transfer to the infected PC.
If you can do that, print out and follow the the instructions in BC's self-help tutorial
:How to remove Brave Sentry
Also Download RogueRemover
and SUPERAntiSpyware Free
Use RogueRemover as follows:
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
- During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
- If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
Then scan with SUPERAntispyware in "Safe Mode