Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Freeze When I Will Watch A Movie

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tOpAx

tOpAx

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:31 AM

My computer freezes when I will watch a movie using any kind of player...

what could be the problem with this...

I need your help please...

Watching movie is 50% of my daily activities.. I really want to get this problem..

thanks a lot I will owe you with this...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:59 AM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the freezes.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all three categories (Application, Security, and System).

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tOpAx

tOpAx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:12 AM

I have view it already... and checked each category

Application no error found

Security no items

Systems i found a couple of errors dated today... which one will I post all of them? but no error during the time of freeze

Edited by tOpAx, 04 October 2007 - 04:14 AM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:43 AM

Just post the latest error. Right-click on the error and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here

Also, you may want to try updating your video driver.

How to update a Windows hardware driver
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 tOpAx

tOpAx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

I will display different types of error depending on their source...

Service Control Manager - The Office Source Engine service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

DCOM - DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service wuauserv with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{E60687F7-01A1-40AA-86AC-DB1CBF673334}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

#6 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

This may seem a little OTT, but what size processor or you using ,with how much Ram ?

Regards,

Tony
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#7 tOpAx

tOpAx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

1.6ghz P4 processor

1gb ram

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:08 PM

The error messages don't seem to be what would cause the freezing of your system (IMO).

Recently I've seen a lot of systems with 1 gB of RAM that are running excruciatingly slow. The most common causes are:
1) Malfunctioning anti-virus/anti-spyware programs
2) Way to much stuff running at once
3) Malware.

I'd suggest first running these free, online scans to see if there's any issues with the system:
http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Does the system recover from the freeze - or does it just stay frozen until you reboot it?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 tOpAx

tOpAx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

I have already updated my video driver awhile ago... but still the same problem.

no it doesn't recover from freeze, I still need to reboot it.

I will do what you have suggested...

#10 tOpAx

tOpAx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

I have already tried the online scan using the links you have given me... but every time I will start scanning, my computer will again freeze

and also when I tried opening game application like warcraft or other online games my computer also freeze...

Edited by tOpAx, 04 October 2007 - 06:43 PM.

#11 JacksonT

JacksonT

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:37 PM

I'm having the same problem

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:24 PM

JacksonT,
If you have a problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic.
This will help to avoid the confusion, of trying to help two or more people, in the same thread, with different problems.
Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be totally different due to different hardware, software, system requirements, etc....
This is also known as hijacking a thread, which is not considered to be proper forum etiquette.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#13 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:24 AM

I would try testing your RAM for any memory errors. You can use MemTest86 for this. Let it run through at least 3 passes, best to just leave it run overnight.

What is the make and model of your computer?

—George Bernard Shaw

#14 tOpAx

tOpAx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:47 AM

OK i'll try it as soon as possible...

by the way... I tried muting all my sounds and then after it I could already watch movie but no sounds and I can already open game application as well.

#15 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:53 AM

In that case try updating your sound driver.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users