Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shiftplusone

shiftplusone

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

I just installed my fresh copy of XP, because I was having too many troubles with Vista, but now.. I have no internet. I go to the network connections thing in the control panel and all that, but nothing. I've installed the Ethernet Driver for my motherboard (Epox 9NPAJ SLi), and nothing seems to be working. I have both wireless and ethernet, and my wireless is an Atheros PCI wireless card.

If anyone has any solutions, please help me out, this is very annoying.
I also have a wireless D-Link DI-524 router if that changes anything.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:58 AM

Have you installed all of the other drivers for your motherboard/chipset (and the rest of the system)? In particular, the motherboard/chipset drivers will affect your network card.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

Check the Device Manager to ensure that you have properly installed the drivers for all hardware devices as required.

| Start >> right-click My Computer >> Manage >> Device Manager |

-OR-

| Start >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Computer Management >> Device Manager |

Once you have selected the Device Manager node of the Computer Management console, you'll want to scan for hardware changes. In the right hand pane of the Device Manager node, highlight the icon for the Local Machine which is at the top of the hardware tree. Right-click the Local Machine icon and select Scan for hardware changes.

Any devices for which the drivers are not installed should appear after running the scan; they will show up with a yellow circle containing a white question mark (?). You will probably find that there is at least one device for which the drivers have not been installed or installed properly.

Find your drivers and utilities CD-ROM and install the drivers as prescribed or as necessary. If you do not have a drivers and utilities CD-ROM, consult the manufacturer's website and look up the drivers for your machine model - from another computer of course. Download all the latest drivers and burn them to a CD-RW to make yourself a custom drivers and utilities CD-ROM - save it and don't lose it, in case you have to reinstall again.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users