Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I Need Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CONFUSEDONE123

CONFUSEDONE123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

I know this is a stupid thing to ask but I cant seem to get any of my logs from hjt or spybot,adaware,win/defender to copy so i can put here.Yes I am new please be kind and let me know how.Once Ive done that I will elaborate on my problems(vundo and many others)

Thankyou for your help in advance.Everyone Ive spoken to about the viruses and how to copy the logs said try this site they are amazing ppl who know what theyre doing.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 October 2007 - 08:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,469 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:28 PM

Since you mention problems from vundo, follow the the instructions for using Vundofix in BC's self-help tutorial "How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection".

When you say you cannot copy your logs, do you mean that copy and paste does not work?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 CONFUSEDONE123

CONFUSEDONE123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

I have used that program in both safe mode and normal mode and it kept saying everything is fine.Actually I dont know where to find the logs. Im really new at this so yeah.Trying to save a buck or two.
Im using xp.
The problem is now.I got rid of IE and downloaded firefox.Friend told me I should do this first.
Im now getting pop ups for IE on Firefox even though I uninstalled IE.Is that something I should be worried about?
Could you also tell me how to retrieve my logs from hjt,adaware se and spybot.If thats not too much to ask.Im sure youve got a life of your own and I wouldnt want anyone wasting their time on a dumb question if this is one lol.

Thankyou once again.

Edited by CONFUSEDONE123, 04 October 2007 - 11:39 PM.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:18 AM

No problem CONFUSEDONE123.
The only dumb question is the one was never asked. :thumbsup:

After HijackThis scans your system, Notepad will open with the log in it.
In the Notepad window, click on the Edit menu and then click on the Select All menu option. All the text should now be highlighted.

Click again on the Edit menu but this time click on the Copy menu option.

Now click on the following link to start creating a new topic in the HijackThis forum: Post a HijackThis log
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,469 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:13 AM

If you downloaded HijackThis from this site you downloaded an automatic setup version which will install HJT in the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis folder by default. You can use Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder, open it and your hijackthis.log should be inside. Just right-click on the Start Menu and select Explore.

Or you can go to Start > Run and type: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\
press Ok and Windows Explorer will open to that folder.

Double-click on the hijackthis.log to open it and follow the instructions provided by TMack.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users