Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox Live

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:19 PM

First let me say that I'm posting here because I appear to be having a networking issue related to Halo 3 and/or XBOX live.

Nearly 75 percent of the time, my Melee attempts result in me getting fragged in Halo 3. It is not my intent to wine because I have
limited talent with the game and this happens even when I'm behind my target and they are unable to defend themselves.
I'm wondering If this problem has something to do with my network settings for UDP 3074 on XBOX live. Maybe something in the
way my router is handling this port is causing the melee to come back at me?

This has been verified by other players of the game also. I'm looking for response from someone with a bit more networking knowledge
so that if this comes down to a moot point, at least I can rely on professional (semi-profressional) input.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

PS no port forwarding is on and I haven't tried using DMZ yet. NAT is open

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:35 AM

OK, After switching from DSL to cable my skill seems to increased a noticeable amount. But the Melee issues remain even straight through the modem.

maybe the game is simply buggy over the net. The melee issues don't exist when play the best players on the local network.

#3 Rated sXe

Rated sXe

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Might be a latency issue on Bungie servers or a bug.

I run into it every now and than, where I will come up to melee a person. Hit them, they stay standing they melee me and I die.

So I am not sure.

#4 RandomUser

RandomUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

The one thing I want to make clear is this has been verified by other users. It's always difficult to name
issues with a gaming platform and a specific game without someone insinuating that you have a laque of talent.
As I've played on, the issue seems to appear on some maps much more prominently than others.
Halo 3 is still worth the money however. But, these buggy issues should be addressed. I notice the issue on specific
maps when playing players with the best connection. When I play anyone, with any type of connection, it happens
on almost every game. I could see if sometimes I did better than expected on a map and other times I bombed
on that map. However, to bomb on the same map each and every time. And to perform better at other maps
consistently?

oh well. I done ranting and raving now.

#5 mlbrown

mlbrown

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

but pray if bungie addresses the issue in a patch that they handle it better than Epic did with the second GoW patch...taking away some things like host name...upgrading guns power extremely changing the whole experience...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users