Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashing In Some Of The Newer Games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slayer87

slayer87

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:52 AM

Alright i recently picked up a new video card and have been trying out some of the games out there and i seem to be having problems with some games but not others but the problem is always the same.
Ill be running the game for about 10minutes and then it will crash and i will get "No Signal" from my monitor and be forced to restart. Games I'm able to play with no issues are Oblivion, Hellgate: London, and Wow. While i get these crashes on Stranglehold, Tabula Rasa, and Jericho. Wondering if anyone had any idea what could be causing these crashes here are my comp specs. I do have the updated drivers for just about everything i know of.

Windows XP home
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Memory: 2GB DDR ram
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1950XT

The only things i can think of are maybe my power supply is having trouble handling the new card? or it might be an issue with the ram since its the old DDR and not DDR2? I have trouble believing either of these on one hand because it handles oblivion and HLG with no problems. Anyone know if these are even a possiblity or have any other tips or help that'd be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:09 AM

2 of those games aren't even released yet

are you running the latest ati drivers, latest dx?

ddr1 shouldn't hurt you unless it's poor quality

what are the specs and brand of your power supply, temperatures of cpu and mobo?

case clean inside?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 slayer87

slayer87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Turns out it was in fact my PSU i went ahead and finally took a look at it and t was only a 300W PSU and according to the book that came with my video card it suggested 450W+ so after buying a new PSU today everything seems to work great thanks for the advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users