Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinfected?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raker

Raker

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:00 PM

After using Autoruns program to see if I could tune up the startup on the laptop, I have downloaded Avast anti virus, installed it, and performed a boot time scan which has detected a threat (the Zone Alarm security suite/anti virus program previously installed did not find anything).

It found win32 Chancrypt virus/worm. C:System Volume Information_restore{145A78D9-30F3-4441-A76F-9F54405CDEA6}RP112.

The name in the Avast "virus chest" was: A0145871.exe. Last changed 8/4/2004 (not sure if that was needed info) Transfer time 10/1/2007 ( Day I found it and quarantined it)

I do not know what this is. I assume that it infected a restore point. I only quarantined it because I was not sure if deleting it was the best course of action.

I have repeated all the steps you had mentioned earlier (except Smitfraudfix and the installer cleanup utility)

What should I do?

Thanks again for your help very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Edited by quietman7, 03 October 2007 - 08:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:06 AM

Since you are already receiving help here, this thread is closed. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users