Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building Pc, Need Advice...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

Got advice somewhere else. Let this post die.

Edited by madman6510, 03 October 2007 - 08:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robotgiraffe

robotgiraffe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

I don't see a cooling system listed there.. you're definitely going to need one of those.
Also, since you like gaming, don't you want a sound card? I'm guessing one is built into your motherboard, but don't you want a higher-end one? It won't be too expensive, and it would definitely be worth your while, in my opinion.

edit: Nevermind, I didn't see the cooling system listed in with the case.

Edited by robotgiraffe, 02 October 2007 - 11:02 PM.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:00 AM

I would recomend a toolless case, the kind with rails so you don't need a screwdriver to install the drives. Trust me, it's a lot easier. And I wonder about the power supply that comes with the case. A lot of times the power supply is cheap and that can ruin the mobo when it goes out. I like Antec, Thermaltake and a couple of other brands that I can't think of right now. I agree with robotgiraffe on the sound card too. On board sound just does not cut it, IMHO.
Good Luck! :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:16 AM

estimate on how well it will run some of the newer games.

Absolutely horribly. The performance on many newer games will be so bad as to be unplayable with that graphics card. Frankly building a gaming machine for $600 isn't doable.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users