Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader 7.0

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1300vtx

1300vtx

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

Can any one tell me how to get this off the Computer... I've tried add remove won't take it off says that the patch package could not be opened... I've even tried to manually delete it by just right clicking on the folder and clicking Delete
I was just going to update to the newer version. I called tech support and they want $39.00 not worth it for them to probably say well You need to do a Clean Install.. Any Help..?

Thanks,
Jeff

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum, and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 02 October 2007 - 08:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1101doc

1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:19 PM

Take a look in the Adobe Reader Program Files folder. If there is a file in there called something like 'uninst. exe' double click that. At the worst nothing will happen.
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

If you can't find an uninstall file, I believe you can run setup.exe and it will ask if you want to remove or install. You can also try the windows installer cleanup utility. Some people have had luck with that.
http://support.microsoft.com
This problem is discussed rather frequently on Adobe's forums, they do offer a command line uninstaller
http://kb.adobe.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 1300vtx

1300vtx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

Ok thanks for the Info. I've tried to use the main install feature in the adobe folder and it will say something like the folder is full or can not delete..

#5 1300vtx

1300vtx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:53 PM

That fixed it the windows installer cleanup utility never heard of it before thanks alot for all the help I appreciate it :thumbsup: .

Thanks,

Jeff

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

I just love a happy ending :thumbsup:
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users