Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Not Saving Programs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:40 PM

This pc has celeron 2.15 ghz and Ram 192 and the problem is that when a program is installed after the pc is restarted again no signs of the program is shown so it also happens when I write in word and then I save it . Turn off/on the pc an nothing is saved. I checked with antivirus/antispy and nothing was found. According to my friend it happened when he installed Ares, pacmania so I removed the programs but as I mentioned after reestarted the pc the programs are there again.
What could be the problem? This pc has no connection to internet. The Xp is ver2002 SP2.
rgds
mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

Can you save to an external hard disk, a USB flash drive, or a floppy disk?

#3 Lotsableeps

Lotsableeps

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

I have seen a couple of times when certain things were not saved due to a corrupt registry file. When logging on, if you are getting any message about "There was an error loading one of your system files and was restored from backup, the recovery was successful" or "Error loading user profile, logging on with temporary profile, no changes will be saved", then you may need to do a system restore in windows to choose a date when you had a good registry. A bad spot on your hard drive or bad memory, as well as other things, could cause registry corruption.

#4 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for your response

Really I have not tried to save in an external device but i will do to check this option.

I tried to restore to a known date but when I was in this option I was unable to do because no date was shown so i can not choose.

What can i do?
rgds
mloo55

#5 Lotsableeps

Lotsableeps

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

Try creating a new profile to see if you can save under it. Go to control panel > users > create new user. Log off, or restart and log on as this new user and see if you can save then. If you can , you could copy any files you need from the other account and eventually delete it.

#6 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

Lotsableeps

Tomorrow I will do what you indicate and i will let you know.
thanks
mloo55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users