Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Kaspersky 7.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kona77

kona77

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:32 AM

Hi all,

I just uninstalled Norton 2005 and purchased a 3 year Kaspersky 7.0 online. I downloaded it and went to install the program. Once the files were being installed an error message popped up saying "Error1304.error writing to file. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kl1.sys. Verify that you have access to that folder." I tried installing on my D: drive with the same results. I just installed a new spyware program with no problem. I'm curious if it's the Kaspersky program I downloaded from their site, or is it my laptop?

Thanks to anyone that might have some insight into this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,586 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:00 PM

I found a reference to that error on the Kaspersky forum. The user was advised to fully uninstall Zone Alarm before installing Kaspersky. That leads me to suspect it is an installation error one may receive if traces of another anti-virus program is found on a computer.

Since you had Norton, try running the Norton Removal Tool (SymNRT) for your version of Windows. (skip step 3 if your not going to reinstall your Norton product).
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 kona77

kona77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Thanks fireman! I uninstalled Zone Alarm and Kaspersky installed with no problems. One final thing was do you know if Zone Alarm is compatible with Kaspersky. Should I reinstall it or search for a more compatible firewall.

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users