Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan attacks Microsoft's anti-spyware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

Virus writers have created a malicious program that can disable Microsoft's new anti-spyware application, security experts warned on Wednesday. By Dan Ilett ZDNet (UK) February 9, 2005, 9:54 AM PT Antivirus experts, who are calling the Trojan "Bankash-A," say it is the first piece of malicious software to attack Windows AntiSpyware, which is still in beta. "This appears to be the first attempt yet by any piece of malware to disable Microsoft AntiSpyware," Graham Cluley, a senior technology consultant at Sophos, said in a statement.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ABCDuckegg

ABCDuckegg

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:02 PM

:thumbsup: That's interesting to know as today I was asked by the techie from msn who is helping to get my windows updates working again to run a microtrend housecall, and it showed up 6 trojan VB EU in different parts of windowssystems32 (whatever that trojan is I've never heard of it before) I have microsoft beta antispyware, plus adaware SE, A2 squared, Spybot S&D, Webroot Spysweeper, not counting my mcAffee AV, so I was a bit gobsmacked that they came up all clean, and housecall picked up 6. Strange
Cheers,
John

PS. Still didn't make any difference to my windows updates. Still cant access it, so waiting to see what techie comes up with tomorrow :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users