Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Network Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lennydixie

lennydixie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:30 AM

my printer is connected to my host desktop, i also have a laptop and have set up network through desktop but i cannot get my printer to work through my laptop. i have configured the printer from desktop-shared and it is recognized by my laptop. but when i press print on my laptop nothing is happening! i hope i have explained myself fully, am not sure of the proper jargon. :thumbsup:

Lenny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:00 AM

From the laptop you need to add a network printer in control panel > printers.
MCP
MSDST

#3 lennydixie

lennydixie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:35 AM

i have already followed all the instructions on how to set up the printer ie, have added network printer from my laptop but no joy! thanks for your response anyway, if you have any further tips it would be apprecaited.
cheers
Lenny :thumbsup:

Lenny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users