What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? Have you tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE
"? Are you doing scans while logged into the Administrator's account
or an account with administrator privileges
If so, and that has not helped, download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
- Reboot in "SAFE MODE using the F8 method and launch SUPERAntispyware.
- In the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked to reboot, click "Yes".
- If not, select Close to exit the program and reboot normally.
Then perform this online Virus scan
: ESET Nod32 Online Scanner (Vista compatible)(Requires Internet Explorer to work. Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.)
Post back if your still having problems afterwards.