Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oulook Calander 2007

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:31 AM

Hello,

While using Oulook Calander 2003 I could change the color of events as I completed them. Even if they were reoccuring events, I changed the color of each individual event as they were completed. This way with just one glance at my calander I could see what was left to be done.

But in 2007, I so far have not found a way to do this. If I try to change the color of one incidence of a reoccuring event it will only change the entire series, and this does not help me at all.

Does anyone know a way that I could change the color of one incidence of a reoccuring event in Outlook Calander 2007, or in some way flag or mark it as completed?

Thanks so much!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:13 PM

I'm not sure if a setting would be included in this or not. Worth a look
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/...2309701033.aspx
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for that, but let me further explain.

With Outlook 2003 I could open up one occurance of a recurring event (such as a breakfast meeting that occurs every 2 weeks) and change it's category to 'Done', which also changes the color of that occurance on my calendar so I can easily see that I have completed that event.

But now with the new version, 2007, when I want to open one occurance of a recurring event I receive the following:

Posted Image

And that is the same as 2003, and is normal. So I open the one occurance and go to change the category to 'Done' (which will change the color) and I receive this:

Posted Image

That does not help at all. Changing the entire series is not what I want to do. I just want to mark each individual occurance as completed as I complete them somehow.

Any ideas?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users