Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Problems...playing Wmv Streaming Videos, Capturing Video From A Dv Camcorder To The Comp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drak188

drak188

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

ok 2 part problems.....
1) My computer will not load and play WMV files...itll play .rm, quicktime, youtube vids, but not wmv files. So if i go to www.break.com and one of the videos is a wmv it wont play...WHY!!!??

2) i have a Canon zr30mc digital video camcorder, and im trying to get the videon onto my computer. it is hooked up through the DV in/out, and opens with Nero Vision. everything it begins to record the video to the hard drive or to a CD, nero messed up and crashes...what can i do?

thanks everyone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:09 PM

I can't address the second one -- you might want to query Nero support -- and give an exact description of the "crash" -- if there is an error message you need to report it fully.

On the first, right click on a downloaded .wmv file and select "properties".

What media player is it currently associated to open with? Typically this would be Windows Media Player by default.

But you can try others -- such as Real Player if you have it -- or download Videolan which plays just about anything:

http://www.videolan.org/

You can change the default player association through the file properties "change" dialog -- which I think works best if you have Vista

By the way I had a similar problem in Windows Vista trying to play .avi files online in Internet Explorer. Changing the association -- through the individual file properties -- back and forth resolved it.

Edited by Rollin' Rog, 30 September 2007 - 09:13 PM.

Microsoft MVP Shell/User

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users