Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Saving Word File To Cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Helpyouhelpme

Helpyouhelpme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

I apologize in advance because this might be tricky. I am trying to help my in-laws from 2 1/2 hours away. I am just confused on this one so any help would be appreciated. When trying to save a file from Microsoft Word to cd (using XP) they received an error message stating that they do not have access to the folder and to see the administrator. They also can no longer open the cd drive at all. This is using blank cds. I know this is a little unspecific, sorry. I've never seen anything like this before so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:28 PM

When you say blank CD, are they CD-RW (re-writable) disks? They will have to be in order to save from within Word. To use a CD-R, the file would have to be saved to the hard drive then burned to CD with their burning program, eg Nero, Roxio.

This might help, hope so. If you already know this & have covered it, disregard me... :thumbsup:

Edited by Platypus, 30 September 2007 - 08:29 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 joejimbo

joejimbo

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

hmmm well from what I remember when windows say that this folder cannot be accessed means that the some other program is using it and "locked" the folder in a sense so that no other program can interfere. First try to close some programs and that might unlock the folder or better yet restart the computer if you could to start fresh. If you can access the folder but can't burn then it might be a problem of windows own burner software in which case you can just google for a free cd burning software. Hope that helped

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

..... in which case you can just google for a free cd burning software.

No need to Google :thumbsup: :
Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
Under the CD & DVD Applications heading.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users