Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help? Home Page Changed To "warning Spyware Detected On Your Pc… ! "

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 chenzln1

chenzln1

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

Hi all,
My PC seems to be infected by a spyware.
Previously i was in internet, some software came up and try to install, i cancel it......

Hope anyone can help show me to steps to remove it.

The Home Page has been changed to a big red “X” screen with a message : “Warning Spyware Detected on your PC… ! Possible spyware infection has been detected. Click here to scan your PC for spyware…….”
The html is traced to C:\windows\system32\spywarewarning.mht”

On the desktop right corner end, every few minutes it will pop out a message: “Windows security alert. Your computer is not protected against spyware! Spyware able to steal you data including passwords, credit card numbers etc. Scan your computer immediately”
Clicking it will lead me to certain website: gomyhit.com/MTc5NDc=/6396/ax=...bdnktynmdgtryy (Pls do not click)

My McAfee Viruscan with scan engine 5200 and Adware software doesn’t seems to be able to detect it.

Appreciate one of the experts here could advise me as soon as possible.

thanks

~Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 30 September 2007 - 08:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:01 PM

You might try Spybot. AVG is an anti-virus package that's better than a lot of commercial a-v software, and it's free! ZoneAlarm has a good, free firewall that you may want to take a look at, also.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:05 PM

Do a scan with Super Antispyware free. Let us know if it finds Vundo or Zlob or whatever.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Edited by buddy215, 30 September 2007 - 09:06 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 chenzln1

chenzln1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:35 AM

hi all, Thanks for reply. I will try it out tonight and let u guys know. Thanks!

#5 chenzln1

chenzln1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hi, sorry maybe i put in the wrong area. I will put my log to another thread.
Thanks

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

chenzln1,
I have moved your HijackThis log to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum.
Please follow all directions that I've posted, as a reply to your log.
By following these instruction, it will ensure, that your HJT log is taken care of, in the most timely manner.
Your log can be found at this link:
chenzln1's HJT log

Since you have posted an HJT log, I'm going to close this topic.
From this point on, the HijackThis Team are the only members you should take advice from, until your log has been declared clean.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users