Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bf2 Locks Up My System

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darkdevil725

Darkdevil725

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

BF2 locks up my pc after playing about 10-20 min i keep all the setting on low and I havnt found a fix for this anywhere except for 1 guy who told me that 1g of ram wasnt enough and that 2 was needed but i dont have the money for more ram atm. My pc is a Dell XPS 410 with a Geforce 7300LE and of course 1g of ram.
Cant someone plz tell me how to fix this I have the exact same issue with BF2142.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

Welcome to BleepingComputer!

I've played battlefield 2 and 2142 with only 1gb ram, even though they run better with 2gb.

Also, your problem could be your graphics card. Its not really that great, but you should be able to run battlefield 2 and 2142 on low settings. Here are some possible problems:

1. Your graphics driver is out of date. Go to nvidia.com and download the latest graphics drivers for your card.

2. Your card might be overheating. Open your computer up and blow some air (canned air works best) throughout the entire case to get the dust and other crud out of it. Especially blow the air through the heatsink on your graphics card.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users