Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted Programs!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brittany9251985

brittany9251985

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

i was going through my programs and trying to make room on my computer and i deleted a couple things that i never used in the add/remove programs sectionon the control panel. well now all my games (solitaire, free cell, pinball, etc) are gone as well as the paint program. i already tried searching the system for them and it says not found. the things that i deleted had nothnig to do with the games or paint so i cant understand why they are missing also. does anyone know if there is a way to recover or if there is a windows website to reinstall these programs for free???? advice is much appreciated!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:41 PM

If they are the ones supplied with Windows, go back to Add or Remove Programs, select Add/Remove Windows Components then Accessories and Utilities. By using the Details buttons, you can see if the Games and Paint options have become unchecked. If so, check them and Windows will re-install them. Hope it helps.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

This did not help me. Plz, I used to play pinball and solitaire a lot.

#4 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

Is there a tick in the box next to accessories when you look at the Add/Remove Windows Components dialog?
If not, or if the box has a tick with a grey background, click Accessories, then click Details.
Look for the Games.
Is there a tick in the box? If not, tick the box, and click OK or next on the dialogs until installation is finished.
If there is, untick the box, click OK or next on the dialogs until installation is finished, then go back and tick the box marked games.

That should fix it. Please reply saying which boxes of the one's I've mentioned were and weren't ticked.
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#5 enormegg

enormegg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:23 AM

Tom.....I have had the same problem. I did a desktop cleanup and about a day later...I was confused about why I couldn't play solitare. I have followed your directions about going to Windows Components Wizard and found my Accessories and games unchecked. I checked both boxes and went to the next step and ran into a "wall." Basically, a box popped up saying to insert the XP CD. I don't have it! The next box does give a option to copy them from another point - I think that's what it means. The "Browse" box to click on is there. Since I don't have the CD where should I copy the files from that I need to get my games back? I don't know what to do to finish the set up without the CD.................

This is beyond me, and I am trying to explain the right thing to get the right answer....basically, I am trying to be diligent. Any further help is appreciated. BTW I hope brittany got her pinball game back....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users